Sun Fire[tm] V880: Configuration Information
Disk Backplane Cabling Notes:
- When Loop B is configured, the external Port 1 of X6727A (375-3030) card cannot
be used for additional external storage. This would extend the internal loop
B outside of the box, which is not supported. Making use of the second external
port off X6727A is supported.
- When updating the disk backplane firmware using patch 111474,
the superuser prompt will return after issuing the luxadm command in step
2 of the patch instructions. You must wait at least 15 minutes after the superuser
prompt returns before continuing or performing any other operations. This
minimum wait time is required for the flash update process to propagate the
firmware code to all SSC100 processors in the system.
- Multi-pathing configurations on the V880's internal subsystem MUST be managed
by either VxDMP or MPxIO.
- Veritas VxDMP must be used to manage the multi-path configuration when the
boot disk resides on either of the loops.
- MPxIO can be used to manage the multi-path configuration if the boot disk
is not located on either loop.
- Solstice Disk Suite can be used in combination with MPxIO for multi-pathing
and can be used without MPxIO when
only one path exists.