[rancid] New Rancid Installation

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Wed Dec 7 15:39:06 UTC 2016

Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 02:31:08PM +0000, Sathish Kumar. Ippani:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Thanks you for giving some time to read my issue and helping me.
>
> May be it is simple but I am not able to resolve myself, hope I need some experts support.
>
> I was installed rancid for the first time and it is working fine till I have upgrade perl 5.10 to 5.20.
>
> After I upgrade perl ver to  5.20.2 my viewvc (GUI) stopped working.
>
> Can anybody suggest some solutions. I am very new to Linux and CLI.

IIRC, viewvc can be run on the command-line.  do that and use perl -c to
look for compile/run-time errors in viewvc.  i'd expect it to be a missing
dependency or new compiler constraint.  obvious, but also make sure that
you have the most recent version.