specify the router you want to diff on

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Mon Dec 3 18:48:17 UTC 2001

control_rancid will also need to be modified.  i'd suggest that a better
way to acheive this would be; given username and router

	% cd /sometmpdir
	% touch router.lock
	% type = `grep ^fqdn /usr/local/rancid/*/router.db | awk -F: 'print $2'`
	% bin/rancid-fe fqdn:<type>
	% diff -c /usr/local/rancid/<group>/configs/fqdn fqdn > fqdn.diff
	% ucbmail -s "diffs" username < fqdn.diff

or something to that effect, with error detection.  the point is, do it
outside of rancid.  this way the group still gets the diffs when the
hourly (or however often you run) diffs are run.

Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 10:36:27AM -0700, Dave Packham: