problems with rancid and catalyst

Joe Marr jmarr at twmaine.com
Mon Jul 30 03:17:05 UTC 2001

Ive been using rancid in various forms for over a year now, but I have
never been able to have it successfully acquire the config from a
catalyst 5505 (or a older 2900).

I always get the following error:

=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 4.
!
ptldme-swt01.maine.rr.com clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
missed cmd(s): write term,dir slot0:,dir bootflash:,dir slot1:,show port
ifindex,show boot,show module,show flash,show version
End of run not found
!
ptldme-swt02.maine.rr.com clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
missed cmd(s): write term,dir slot0:,dir bootflash:,dir slot1:,show port
ifindex,show boot,show module,show flash,show version
End of run not found

Im not sure what I may be doing wrong, I will include the portions that
are relevant from the router.db and .cloginrc

ptldme-swt01.maine.rr.com:cat5:up
ptldme-swt02.maine.rr.com:cat5:up

add user                ptldme-swt*     XXXX
add enableprompt        ptldme-swt*     Enter password:
add password            ptldme-swt*     {XXXXXXX}      {XXXXXX}

I currently have about 30+ other devices on this (all IOS driven) but
have never been able to get cats to work, Can anyone help me.

Joe Marr
Network Engineer
Roadrunner

"I do not hate my enemies. After all, I made them." - Red Skelton