Rancid hangs

David LaPorte david_laporte at harvard.edu
Fri Sep 21 21:16:20 UTC 2001

Hi all,

Has anyone seen behavior similar to the following?

Recently, when querying our routers for configurations, clogin seems to =
hang while downloading the configuration.  For instance, running clogin =
manually with the command-line:

./clogin -t 90 -c show version;show install active;show env all;show gsr =
chassis;show boot;show bootvar;show variables boot;show flash;dir /all =
nvram:;dir /all bootflash:;dir /all slot0:;dir /all disk0:;dir /all =
slot1:;dir /all disk1:;show controllers;show controllers cbus;show =
diagbus;show diag;show module;show c7200;show vtp status;show vlan;write =
term <router>

it logs in properly and begins running commands.  When it gets to "write =
term" it begins printing it out but then hangs (the exact point at which =
it hangs varies with each run).  The do-diffs script (which also runs =
the above) hangs on several routers.

I am running Rancid 2.1 and have had no issues until the past week or =
so.  I am using both SSH and telnet as my connection methods...

Thanks!
David LaPorte