clogin and config mode

Andrew Partan asp at partan.com
Thu Dec 5 23:52:02 UTC 2002

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 03:19:18PM -0800, Rizzo, Joe wrote:
> When using the -c or -x options of clogin to script config changes, I am
> unable to enter config mode and enter commands.  I have tried on a
> variety of Cisco models and IOS versions with no luck.

Prompt recognition.  $prompt is probably set to 'router#' - which
does not match the prompt in config mode - router(config)#

You want to do something like:
	clogin -c "conf t\rip name-server 198.6.255.248\rend;write" router

- basically glom all of the config commands together with \r between
them until you get all the way out of config mode.

Or set up a per router tftp/rcp// file on your server and use
something like util/cisco-load.exp to load it.
	--asp