rancid hangs due to expect, ssh, or cisco?

Zhang, Anchi AZhang at reliant.com
Mon Dec 23 23:00:29 UTC 2002

I do get the shell prompt back right after the last line of the debug but it
takes a long time to get there.  Rancid over ssh does work with some of my
routers but not all.  For example, it had worked with one router until I
added a few more lines to its existing ACL.

The strange thing is that if I login using clogin <hostname> and issue "show
run" at the router's command prompt, the display will be fine.  However, if
I do "term len 0" and then "show run" the display hangs when it gets close
to the very end of the config.

Anchi