Extreme empty files, Bug Found???

Pierre Belanger pbelang1 at oss.cantel.rogers.com
Thu Feb 14 18:10:40 UTC 2002

Hi all,

I posted a message a few weeks ago about Extreme configuration "empty"
file submitted once and a while in the CVS. Check my telnet session on
an Extreme switch.

  $ telnet ny50ext003
  {snip}
  * NY50EXT003:1 # exit
   Do you wish to save your configuration changes? (y/n) nConnection
closed

According to clogin line 545 (latest version) :

expect {
  "Do you wish to save your configuration changes" {
    send "n\r"
    exp_continue
  }
  "\n" { exp_continue }
  timeout { return 0 }
  eof { return 0 }
}

If the above code works great, what about the following code from
xrancid:

if (/$prompt\s?(quit|exit|Connection closed)/ && $found_end) {
  $clean_run=1;
  last;
}

Correct me if I am wrong, I am ok in Expect but I am not a Perl guru.
The above will be true if the script finds the prompt with a space
and quit or exit or Connection closed ... on the same line, right?

If this is true, my previous telnet session is showing :

  Do you wish to save your configuration changes? (y/n) nConnection
closed

There's no match with the previous if condition, right?

Thank you for your support and help!

Pierre B.