Mulitple .cloginrc entries

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Sat Feb 16 18:16:46 UTC 2002

Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 01:03:42PM -0500, Seguin, Ron:
> Hi,
>
> I currently have a user/pass within .cloginrc in the Rancid home directory...works
> fine for Cisco devices, however I have a number of Redbacks that I want to
> introduce that does not have the same user/pass combo...
>
> Can we somehow have multiple .cloginrc's being accessed based upon Vendor type??
>
> --thanks

echo "add password * {redbackpwd}" > ~/.cloginrc.rb

clogin -f ~/.cloginrc.rb redbackhostname

or alias the command.

there are no knobs within clogin to do selection based on manufacturer
or platform nor does it consider the router.db file which has that data.
the most convenient way imo is via dns;

	redback -> nas0.city
	router -> r0.city
	switch -> s0.city

echo "add password nas* {redbackpwd}" >> ~/.cloginrc