blogin Timeout

Fergus Roche fergus.roche at loudeye.com
Thu May 2 23:02:11 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 14:54, john heasley wrote:

> afraid i can't find the discussion you mention.  can you provide an
> example collection from the router?  like
> 	setenv NOPIPE=YES
> 	brancid -d router
> there should be a router.raw file left behind.

Using these commands in brancid:

%commands=(
        'show config'           => "ShowConfig",
        'show config verbose'   => "ShowConfig",
        'exit'                  => "RunCommand"

$ brancid -d bay-nr1
executing blogin -t 90 -c"show config;show config verbose;exit" bay-nr1
bay-nr1: missed cmd(s): show config,show config verbose,exit
bay-nr1: missed cmd(s): show config,show config verbose,exit
bay-nr1: End of run not found
bay-nr1: End of run not found
!
$

The .raw file contains the full output of show config and show config
verbose, but ends approximately 22 lines prematurely:

$ tail -20 bay-nr1.raw
        default-supply disable
        listen enable
        poison disable
        supply enable
        trigger disable
        back
        traffic-filter
        back
        back
        stg 1
        faststart disable
        pathcost 10
        priority 128
        stp enable
        back
        unknown-mac-discard
        activation disable
        autolearn disable

Connection closed by foreign host.
$

$ cat bay-nr1.new
!RANCID-CONTENT-TYPE: bay
!
$

Let me know if you need the whole .raw file, just the last part seemed
relevant.
The discussion I was referring to goes as follows: