Changing a router name

Poetzel, Christopher J. cpoetzel at anl.gov
Fri May 3 20:01:21 UTC 2002

Hello all,

I have recently taken the rancid system at my employment and have a question
for the group.
We are going to be changing the names of a few of our routers that have been
monitored with rancid for about 2 months.
What I would like to do is to change the name but retain the previous 2
month history for the routers.
Has anyone attempted this or is they some easy way to do this that I am
missing?

The only thought I have had thus far is to rename the old routers base
config and the routers cvs ,v file, then add the new
router to .cloginrc and rerun rancid.

Thanks for any help.

Chris Poetzel
Argonne National Labratory