blogin Timeout

'john heasley ' heas at shrubbery.net
Sat May 4 00:36:04 UTC 2002

Fri, May 03, 2002 at 05:15:03PM -0700, Fergus Roche:
> > > On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 14:54, john heasley wrote:
> >hmm.  how many lines were cut?  blogin is just writting to stdout which
> >is redirected to this file.  what i find odd is lack of an error,
> >timeout
> >specifically.
> >
> >could you telnet to the box, enter 'more off' (disable pager), then
> >'show config' and 'show config verbose', and finally exit.  if it
> >doesnt truncate; please send the portion from 'autolearn' on to the
> >unix prompt.
> >

> It doesn't truncate when I log in and run the commands manually. Heres the
> end part that is missed when using brancid.
>
>         autolearn disable
>         autolearn-mode one-shot
>         default-autolearn-monitor monitor
>         default-autolearn-priority high
>         lock-autolearn-mac disable
>         violation-downport disable
>         violation-logging enable
>         violation-sendtrap disable
>         back
> back
> ethernet 7/14
>         high-priority false
>         linktrap enable
>         lock false
>         state enable
>         auto-negotiate enable
>         perform-tagging disable
>         tagged-frames-discard disable
>         ip
>         proxy disable
>         arp-response enable
>         l3-igmp
>         last-memb-query-int 1
>
> bay-nr1# exit
>              Connection closed by foreign host.
> $

something must be buggered in blogin's matching.  please grab a local copy
of blogin, edit it; in 'proc run_commands' just before the line
	    send "more off\r"
add 'exp_internal 1; log_user 1;' then run blogin

	blogin -c 'bcc;show config;show config verbose' >& log

and send the log file to me.  if you can give me telnet access to the/a
box, that would be much easier.