Status Locally Modified

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Thu May 9 01:16:56 UTC 2002

Wed, May 08, 2002 at 07:52:03PM -0500, Poetzel, Christopher J.:
> I am having an issue where every time rancid runs(do-diffs) I get messages
> saying that my router.db file
> has changed, and it hasn't.  I ran the cvs status command on it and got the
> following.
>

> [rancid at athena Switches]$ cvs status router.db
> File: router.db         Status: Locally Modified
>

> I recently changed the names of some of my routers when this happened.  If
> anyone has any thoughts of how to get the status back
> to UP-to-Date I would really appreciate it.
>

> thanks,
>
> chris poetzel

if this file gets modified (add/delete/rename a device), rancid should
commit the file after it show you the diff of the file.  if it isnt
committed when rancid runs, then its having some sort of problem with
the commit which should appear in the log file.

if nothing appears there, please see the CVS section of the FAQ.