rancid hangs due to expect, ssh, or cisco?

Johan Grip johan.grip at emea.sykes.com
Mon Feb 10 07:14:36 UTC 2003

> On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 19:15 john heasley wrote:
> Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 01:13:20PM -0000, Johan Grip:

> > >Well that is whacko.  Is 'term length 0' not working on
> your router?
> > >	--asp
> >
> > I have the same problem here. Commands doing a lot of output hangs.
> > If I do clogin -c "wr ter" <somerouter> on a device with a
> large config
> > clogin hangs. Likewise with "sh cam dyn" on some catalysts as well.
> >
> > I've basically used the same workaround, but also had to
> add a prompt
> > because one of my Cats changed the more prompt.
>
> can you tell me what operating system you are using and what
> version of
> expect/tcl?

I'm running this on Debian GNU/Linux 3.0r1 using only the debian
packages. The version are:
expect version 5.32.2
Tcl 8.3.3

I have tried the patch present on the rancid homepage, but it did not
help much. It does seem like a different problem, as it work 100% as long
as the output from any single command does not become to long. When a very
verbose command is run it always hangs. I have been trying to establish
it always occurs at the same bytecount of output but have not had that much
time to pour into it just yet.

Regards,
  Johan