Cisco Catalyst 6000, 4000, 1900

Mark Duling Mark.Duling at biola.edu
Wed Jul 9 03:02:03 UTC 2003

Hello All,

I cannot get RANCID to get configs on some of our Cisco catalyst switches.

1) Is there anyway to get RANCID to get a config on a 1900?  They have the
menu driven interface and I can't find a way to turn it off.  One can exit
to the command line but I presume RANCID cannot do that.

2) Also, RANCID cannot get configs for our 6000 and 4000 series catalyst's
either.  It can login.  The error message is at the bottom of this
message.  I read what the FAQ says about 6500's and I tried runnning the
cat5rancid file script but it doesn't seem to be getting it still but
maybe I'm not using it right.  The same for the 4000's.  They both have
enable prompts like this: prompt> (enable)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mark

I didn't think I was running CatOS but here is the version info for the
6000:

WS-C6006 Software, Version NmpSW: 7.2(2)
Copyright (c) 1995-2002 by Cisco Systems
NMP S/W compiled on Apr 25 2002, 12:37:52

And the RANCID log info:

10.10.10.4: missed cmd(s): show bootvar,dir /all sup-microcode:,show
boot,show vlan,dir /all slot0:,show c7200,show module,dir /all
slot1:,write term,dir /all sup-bootflash:,dir /all nvram:,dir /all
slot2:,show diag,show version,show controllers cbus,show env all,dir /all
disk0:,dir /all disk1:,show vtp status,dir /all disk2:,show gsr
chassis,show variables boot,show controllers,dir /all bootflash:,show
diagbus,show flash,show install active
10.10.10.4: End of run not found
!