Special Characters

Krueger, Brian krueger.b at portseattle.org
Mon Oct 20 20:44:47 UTC 2003

I think I'm doing something wrong. I added {} to .cloginrc and ran it, it still gave me output saying:

[root at p69rh186 rancid]# perl .cloginrc
Array found where operator expected at .cloginrc line 69, at end of line
Semicolon seems to be missing at .cloginrc line 69.
Number found where operator expected at .cloginrc line 70, near "Core1 1"
        (Do you need to predeclare Core1?)
Semicolon seems to be missing at .cloginrc line 70.
Operator or semicolon missing before &step at .cloginrc line 71.
Ambiguous use of & resolved as operator & at .cloginrc line 71.
syntax error at .cloginrc line 70, near "r0und@}
"
Missing right curly or square bracket at .cloginrc line 118, at end of line
Execution of .cloginrc aborted due to compilation errors.

Here's my .cloginrc  script (at least it's all that's not commented out)

add user P69-Core1 jb3
add password P69-Core1 {r0und@}
add autoenable P69-Core1 1
add password t91-wanrtr {l00k&step}