Prompt issues on Bay routers.

James Kilton kilton9 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 19:28:41 UTC 2003

Hi,

I'm new to Rancid and not familiar with Tcl, so forgive the newbieness -

I'm unable to run commands in BCC on Bay routers and I think it's because of prompt issues.  When
you first log in to a Bay router, you're in TI instead of BCC.  The prompt is [1:TN]$.  I can get
Rancid to recognize this by doing 'set prompt "TN"' in blogin.  Rancid then executes the 'bcc'
command to get into BCC.  BCC uses a totally different prompt, however (bcc>), and I'm wondering
how to get Rancid to "switch" to that prompt so that commands can be run in BCC.  I've tried stuff
like 'set prompt "TN|bcc"' or 'set prompt (TN|bcc)' all to no avail.

If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate hearing them.

Thanks,
James