Prompt issues on Bay routers.

Mark Cooper mcooper at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Sep 13 07:43:33 UTC 2003

 >>Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 12:28:41PM -0700, James Kilton:
<SNIP>
 >>>this by doing 'set prompt "TN"' in blogin.  Rancid then executes the
 >>>'bcc' command to get into BCC.  BCC uses a totally different prompt,
 >>>however (bcc>), and I'm wondering how to get Rancid to "switch" to

You shouldn't need to use set prompt as it should automatically
recognize the prompt when you login. If it doesn't then you its probably
down to the prompt or a banner having some 'invalid' characters in it.

 > On Thursday 11 September 2003 01:23 pm, john heasley wrote:
 >

 >>I think that someone explained this to me before, but I must have purged
 >>it. blogin has a comment which reads:
 >>
 >># Unlike the Cisco's, there is no enable function on the Bay's.
 >># Instead there are seperate User and Manager accounts.  A 'system'
command
 >># exists, which i am told does nothing.

That comment still stands and I think stefmit has posted a good example
of a normal login.

stefmit wrote:

<SNIP>
 > And now a session - consisting in login to the TI (first level), then
issuing
 > the bcc command (second level, and first of the bcc, the command
mode), then
 > typing config (this is probably the equivalent of enable in cisco -
second
 > level for bcc)
<SNIP>

This is a normal login session which blogin and brancid should handle
fine. Unfortunately I no longer work for the company that used the bay
kit so I carnt test it right at the moment.

James Kilton wrote:
 > Thanks guys.
 >
 > I managed to fix this via some minor script hacking earlier in the
 >week.  I doubt it's pretty as

I would certainly be interested to know what you changed :)

--

Mark Cooper
http://netmangler.sourceforge.net - Network Management with Attitude