Prompt issues on Bay routers.

stefmit stefmit at comcast.net
Sat Sep 20 15:00:10 UTC 2003

Mark,

I am soooo sorry - I don't know what I was thinking of ... ;( I said: "one can
do a "show config" from a TI prompt" - THAT IS WRONG!!!. Only after reading
your specific question below, have I realized that I had screwed up. I meant:
one can do a "show" <many things about config> from a TI prompt (e.g. $show
ip route), but the specific "show config" is NOT available from a TI ($)
prompt, it needs a bcc> environment (not the enabled one, but the bcc
nonetheless).

I want to send this ASAP, because I misled you, not re-reading my email before
sending it. For the rest - I will get back to you on Monday, probably. Thank
you again for your help, and sorry about my mistake.

Stef

On Friday 19 September 2003 09:55 pm, Mark Cooper wrote:
<snip>
> If, as you say, you can run the "show config" command in TI mode, than
> brancid can be simplified from:-
>          'bcc'                   => "RunCommand",
>          'show config'           => "ShowConfig",
>          'show config -all'      => "ShowConfig",
>
> to:-
>
>          'show config'           => "ShowConfig",
<snip>