Hang after login with HP ProCurve 4108gl

Stephen Miller steve at smiller.org
Tue Sep 23 08:07:32 UTC 2003

the hang may be caused by the login script (hlogin?) not recognizing the prompt
once you get logged in. you can modify the prompt value within the login script.

here's a piece of the hlogin regarding the prompt:

    if $autoenable {
        set prompt "#"
    } else {
        set ae [find autoenable $router]
        if { "$ae" == "1" } {
            set autoenable 1
            set enable 0
            set prompt "#"
        } else {
            set autoenable 0
            set prompt ">"
        }
    }

if your doesn't match the above values then the login script is waiting for the
correct prompt to appear...it should disconnect after 45 seconds.

steve