Adding "show chassis alarms" to jrancid

Alexander Koch koch at tiscali.net
Wed Jan 7 11:04:26 UTC 2004

On Mon, 5 January 2004 10:23:47 +0100, Alastair Galloway wrote:
> Has anyone out there added "show chassis alarms" to jrancid?  If not I think
> that I will as it'd be handy to see.

It is very handy, indeed! We added it and it helps us when
our NOC does not see these &&%$§&%)&§"= Juniper power
supplies breaking every some months. All these fan failures
are really nasty.

Also 'fxp0 down' is handy to see in rancid, would not have
been spotted that easily otherwise... our NOC is our NOC,
and we are we, sort of. I do not reply on some SNMP crab to
tell me so...

Regards,
Alexander

--
Alexander Koch <koch at tiscali.net> / ako4-ripe
IP Engineering, Tiscali International Network