Routers changed to down: after upgrade

Stafford A. Rau srau at rauhaus.org
Wed Jul 7 17:57:17 UTC 2004

I recently upgraded our rancid installation to version 2.3.1 from
2.2.somthing, and have an odd little issue.

I get a blank "Routers changed to down:" message every run for each
group that doesn't have any routers in the down state. If I add
something like "junk:cisco:down" to each group's router.db, then I don't
get any further "Routers changed to down:" messages after the next run
that reports the "junk" one.

Any suggestions? I can, of course, leave the junk line in my router.db
files, but that's not very aesthetically pleasing.

--Stafford