Routers changed to down: after upgrade

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Fri Jul 16 15:48:45 UTC 2004

Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 10:57:17AM -0700, Stafford A. Rau:
> I recently upgraded our rancid installation to version 2.3.1 from
> 2.2.somthing, and have an odd little issue.
>
> I get a blank "Routers changed to down:" message every run for each
> group that doesn't have any routers in the down state. If I add
> something like "junk:cisco:down" to each group's router.db, then I don't
> get any further "Routers changed to down:" messages after the next run
> that reports the "junk" one.
>
> Any suggestions? I can, of course, leave the junk line in my router.db
> files, but that's not very aesthetically pleasing.
>
> --Stafford

Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 11:06:06AM -0500, Bill Rowan:
> We are seeing this exact same problem after upgrading from 2.3.1 to 2.2.2.  We are running RANCID for multiple cities, but not
> seeing this empty "down" message on all of our cities.  Has anyone else seen and/or have a fix for this?

I suspect that you're both using solaris and the PATH that is in rancid.conf
is causing control_rancid to pick-up a diff(1) that does not support -u.

you can adjust the PATH or try reinstalling with this patch for autoconf:

	ftp://ftp.shrubbery.net/pub/rancid/rancid-2.3.1.p1