3550 - 12.1(22)EA1 - multiple-fs

Yuval Ben-Ari yuvalba at netvision.net.il
Fri Jul 23 21:20:42 UTC 2004

> Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 12:49:32PM +0200, Yuval Ben-Ari:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Recently upgraded a 3550 to 12.1(22)EA1 and I see new file
> in the flash
> > called "multiple-fs" which causes config oscillation.
> > Any idea what it's for, and how to stop it from causing
> changes (beside
> > filtering the line) ?
>
> can you 'more' the file?  i dont know what it is.  does the
> size change
> or just the date?

no,
3550#more flash:multiple-fs
%Error opening flash:multiple-fs (Permission denied)
3550#

> asp, can we re-visit the time/space filtering?  maybe we can
> come up with
> some regexes to make file names that we want unfiltered and filter the
> time and size from the remaining.

I should mention 2 more things:
1. I am running rancid 2.2.2
2. I currently use a custom changes to ShowFlash routine that filters
following files on Catalyst devices:
/config\.te?xt|vlan\.dat|snmpengineid|private-config/

So I guess this is no new problem, only new file :(
I guess I should add it to the list.

Tell me if there is smarter solution.

Thanks
Yuval