nlogin issues

Andrew Fort afort at choqolat.org
Tue Mar 16 10:58:14 UTC 2004

joshua sahala wrote:

>hello all,
>
>i'm having some issues getting 2.3 to login to my netscreens - it fails
>telling me to check my password.  however, the nlogin from qorbit works
>just fine...so i was wondering if anyone else had experienced this.  i'm
>going to start going through both scripts to try and figure out where the
>2.3 version breaks (if someone hasn't already done so).
>
>i'll submit a patch if/when i get it
>
>/joshua

Joshua,
There's a couple of things that could be going on here related to the
username/password fields.  Is it the enable password, or the user
password, that is failing?.  Would you mind sharing (to
rancid at shrubbery.net if you like) the .cloginrc entries you have for the
firewall (password obscured, but otherwise syntax intact) and an output
dump so I help you track it down further?  Also, does the username
getting echoed back correctly (as far as you can tell?).

cheers,
-afort