Problem with extreme

Sven Huster sven at huster.me.uk
Wed May 12 15:29:14 UTC 2004

Hello

Running rancid against a Alpine 3808 ExtremeWare 6.2.2 I run into
the following problem:

sven at nms-w3:~/confgs/core$ xrancid -d alpine
executing clogin -t 90 -c "show version;show memory;show diagnostics;show switch;show slot;show configuration detail;show configuration" alpine
PROMPT MATCH: alpine:\d+ ?#
HIT COMMAND:alpine:3 # show version
    In ShowVersion: alpine:3 # show version
HIT COMMAND:alpine:4 # show memory
    In ShowMemory: alpine:4 # show memory
HIT COMMAND:alpine:6 # show switch
    In ShowSwitch: alpine:6 # show switch
HIT COMMAND:alpine:8 # show configuration detail
    In WriteTerm: alpine:8 # show configuration detail
    End WriteTerm: # End of configuration file for "alpine".
alpine: missed cmd(s): show configuration,show diagnostics,show slot
alpine: missed cmd(s): show configuration,show diagnostics,show slot

Running the command (clogin ...) manually I get some missing characters in
the output, which I guess trigger the problem:

alpine:5 # how diagnostics

Syntax error at token how

Available commands:
        <cr> clear configure create delete disable download enable exit history
        logout nslookup ping quit reboot restart rtlookup run save scp2 show
        ssh2 telnet traceroute unconfigure upload use xping

alpine:6 # show switch

Any ideas?

Thanks
Sven