VLAN config on Ciscos

Christopher E. Brown chris.brown at acsalaska.net
Sat Aug 13 21:13:33 UTC 2005

Jee Kay wrote:
> On 8/13/05, Justin Grote <justin at grote.name> wrote:
>
>>john heasley wrote:
>>
>>>Perhaps this switch's IOS is one of those where the vlan configuration
>>>is done separately from conf t, ie: 'vlan database' or whatever it is.
>>>That has never been collected.
>>>

>>Good point. Jee, let us know what model and IOS version you are running
>>(or if you are running CatOS).
>

> It is a 4006, running 12.2(20)EW. If I do 'show run' or 'write term'
> on the switch directly, the VLAN configuration is definitely there :)

Most modern IOS:  When the switch is in VTP "transparent" mode, the
VLANS appear in the config.  When in Client or Server mode they do not,
wouldn't want your config changing due to an update 5 switches away.
(Remember VTP server mode just means the switch lets you make local
changes, a user interface restriction, on the network side there is no
diff between client and server modes)