Big Band Login

Chad Gist cmgist at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 15:33:12 UTC 2005

Greetings ~ I am new to rancid, so please forgive the question.  I
have successfully installed rancid and am attempting to use it to
login to a Big Band CMTS.  The auth to the CLI requires the command
"enable username" followed by password.  The issue seems to be the
space between enable and username.  I have tried putting enable root
in "  "  and  '   ' without any success.  My clogin config follows and
the results from the login attempt.
Thanks in advance...

chad

# customer x
# these routers ask for a username and password.  we automatically get
# enable access after successful authentication.
add user *                      'enable root'
add password *                  xxxxxx
add method *                    telnet

[rancid at localhost ~]$ bin/clogin 10.0.0.5
10.0.0.5
spawn telnet 10.0.0.5
Trying 10.0.0.5...
Connected to 10.0.0.5.
Escape character is '^]'.

Management Module

Starting CLI...

cli:cmts0.localnet.net:root> enable
Incomplete command line.
expecting one of the following parameters:
      <word>
cli:cmts0.localnet.net:root>
Error: TIMEOUT reached