cat5rancid error:

dharmesh dbshah at myway.com
Fri Jul 22 04:59:25 UTC 2005

Ah well, they say its not as bad as they say it is.
                ---------anonymous

Hi Ivan,
Even I have 20-25 Cat 6509 Switches.
Even I am facing exactly teh same problem.

I am using Linux Fedora Core 2 with expect version 5.41.0 & tcl8.5
I am certain this problem that you & I are facing is due to the very well illustrated fact on RANCID site .

I guess you will need to
1) patch expect  using the patch given on rancid site i.e
ftp://ftp.shrubbery.net/pub/rancid/expect-hack1
2)build tcl & expect from source
Thus you will need to download the tcl & expect source code from rancid site as well to be able to use the patch.

However I myself havent done this as yet, since my binaries are already of higher version then the once the patch talks about.

I am actually planning to install Fedora Core 4 & seriously pray that the bug goes away.

IF that doesnt work I have two choices:-
1) Use Open/Net BSB --> as site says that this prob is only wiht Solaris & Linux.
2) Download the src for tcl & expect from rancid site & patch expect & then try on linux.

pls let us know your Distro, & expect & TCL details.
Once we crack this we shall post back to the forum on our progress.

Thanks
Regards
Dharmesh

P.S i hope my MUA doesnt mess up wiht HTML tags & all