RANCID-CONTENT-TYPE Reporting...

Roderick B. Greening Roderick.Greening at gt.ca
Wed Jun 15 05:29:40 UTC 2005

 I probably should have been clearer... :)

What I really want is a report of ALL the header comments that RANCID puts
at the top of the file like Image, Processor, Serial, etc and dumped to a
csv one line per device or something similar. Basically a report that I can
either print or import into excel or something. It would be a useful report
that would allow me to verify warranty based on serial, and also report on
what hardware, firmware, os, etc is deployed.

I can manually do this today by selective grep for System Type, etc, but
it's a tedious manual process.

I was wondering if someone has already utilized some scripts to pull all
this detail out.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide a solution.