rancid and cisco 1605 routers.

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Tue Mar 29 15:42:44 UTC 2005

Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 09:31:27AM -0500, Chris Gallardo:

>  my organization has several cisco 1605.  For some reason a handful of
>  these routers are not successfully contacted by rancid.  After
>  rewriting the running config to start up, rancid is able to contact the
>  router again and obtain its config.  I was wondering if anybody else
>  has seen this problem and is there a permanent solution other than
>  having to write the running config to start up when rancid fails to get
>  a config for a router.

it is likely that rancid will have left some indication of the error in
the group's log file.  I'd guess that some cmd returns abnormally and
you could diagnose it with the procedure in the 1st question of the FAQ's
3rd section and diffing the two .raw files.