trying to add Cisco clustering support to rancid -- almost done

Justin Grote justin at grote.name
Fri May 13 18:31:58 UTC 2005

Andrew Partan wrote:

>On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 11:37:08AM -0400, Chris Stave wrote:
>

>>at the end of processing a switch rancid logs out of the switch; where
>>is this done?  I need to add a second 'exit' command there, but I'm
>>not sure where it does this.  (a line number would be completely
>>ideal, since my knowledge of scripting is a bit questionable)

Just out of curiosity, is there some reason you can't just assign IP
addresses to the VLAN interface of the individual switches and capture
normally? I know that it's not the most elegant solution, but you sure
do seem to be going to a lot of work to achieve a goal that can be
accomplished otherwise rather simply (plus you get the added granularity
of one config per switch, rather than a giant cluster config).

--
Justin Grote