RANCID sending empty 'routers down' messages

Jee Kay jeekay at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 13:19:46 UTC 2005

I have just added a third site to our RANCID config (the previous two
are working fine), but now whenever RANCID runs it sends an empty
'changes in xxxx routers' with a body of 'Routers changed to down' on
every run. It only does it for this one site, the other two are having
no problems.

(When I say 'site', I mean another group within RANCID - there is only
one install of the actual software, I'm just adding a new entry to the
LIST_OF_GROUPS variable)

The only difference between this new site and the other sites is that
it consists of a single router.. would that make any difference? If
not, any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance,
Ras