how can I use ssh ver 1 for a device?

Hopper, Faron W. faron.hopper at capgemini.com
Mon Sep 12 15:51:08 UTC 2005

I have been reading the list archives and the man page for cloginrc trying to determine how to set the .cloginrc file to allow connectivity to a device that requires ssh version 1.  The only thing that looks like it would do this is the add sshcmd <> command.

The man pages says that to redefine sshcmd, do the following....

add sshcmd {<ssh>}
              <ssh>  is  the  name  of  the  ssh  executable.   OpenSSH uses a
              command-line option to specify the protocol version,  but  other
              implementations  use  a  separate binary such as "ssh1".  sshcmd
              allows  this  to  be  adjusted  as  necessary  for   the   local
              environment.

              Default: ssh

so if I set it to add sshcmd {/usr/bin/ssh -1} it would appear to me to set ssh for every connection to use version 1.
Is this the right thing to do?  I only need it for 3 devices.

Thanks in advance.

Faron Hopper
Capgemini
Network Engineer