[rancid] Re: cloginrc for username and enable

Lance Vermilion rancid at gheek.net
Fri Apr 28 19:40:39 UTC 2006

Affan,

Here is the format.
#
# add user <router name glob> <username>
#       The default user is $USER (i.e.: the user running clogin).
#
# add userprompt <router name glob> <username prompt>
#       What the router prints to prompt for the username.
#       Default: {"(Username|login|user name):"}
#
# add userpassword <router name glob> <user password>
#       The password for user if different than the password set
#       using 'add password'.
#
# add passprompt <router name glob> <password prompt>
#       What the router prints to prompt for the password.
#       Default: {"(\[Pp]assword|passwd):"}
#
# add method <router name glob> {ssh} [...]
#       Defines, in order, which connection method(s) to use for a device
#       from the set {ssh,telnet,rsh}.  e.g.: add method * {ssh} {telnet} {rsh}
#       will attempt ssh connection first.  if ssh fails with connection
#       refused (i.e.: not due to authentication failure), then try telnet,
#       then rsh.
#       Default: {telnet} {ssh}
#
# add noenable <router name glob>
#       equivalent of -noenable on the cmd line to not enable at login.
#
# add enableprompt <router name glob> <enable prompt>
#       What the router prints to prompt for the enable password.
#       Default: {"\[Pp]assword:"}
#
# add enauser <router name glob> <username>
#       This is only needed if enable asks for a username and this
#       username is different from what user is set to.
#
# add autoenable <router name glob> <1/0>
#       This is used if you are automatically enabled by the login process.
#
# add cyphertype <router name glob> <ssh encryption type>
#       Default is 3des.
#
# add identity <router name glob> <path to ssh identity file>
#       Default is your default ssh identity.

--

-Lance <rancid at gheek.net>