[rancid] Re: Documentation on adding an unsupported device.

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Thu Aug 31 17:24:00 UTC 2006

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 10:00:10AM -0700, liz wrote:
> I have googled around a bit and cant find any documentation on how to add
> an unsupported device to rancid.

The only documentation is occasional discussions on this list and the
various patches submitted.

> Specifically, I have a wireless switch
> that does not behave well with the default clogin. I can get logged into
> the switch with clogin but the commands that rancid is running dont all
> quite work as it expects.

Could the problem be fixed by having clogin ignore the erroneous
command output?

> I am specifically puzzled as to how it determines which device type uses
> which login script.

The rancid-fe script has the device type definitions hard-coded within.
Reading through that should answer your questions.