[rancid] clogin enable and password option behavior

A Dude adudek16 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 21:00:02 UTC 2006

Is there some reason that I cannot specify both a password and enable when
using clogin?
My idea is to use a web page to pass the username, password, and enable to
clogin and collect the data from the commands, primarily to automate getting
show tech and show log info.
Everything works if I remove either the enable or the password option. Is
this the expected behavior?

[adudek16 at redbaron ~]$ clogin -u test -e twctest -p testing -x rantest
10.82.88.11
10.82.88.11
can't read "passwd": no such variable
    while executing
"login $router $ruser $userpswd $passwd $enapasswd $cmethod $cyphertype"
    ("foreach" body line 111)
    invoked from within
"foreach router [lrange $argv $i end] {
    set router [string tolower $router]
    send_user "$router\n"

    # Figure out prompt.
    # Since autoena..."
    (file "/usr/sbin/clogin" line 616)
[adudek16 at redbaron ~]$
[adudek16 at redbaron ~]$ clogin -u adudek16 -e twctest -x rantest 10.82.88.11
10.82.88.11
spawn telnet 10.82.88.11
Trying 10.82.88.11...
Connected to testing.msdp.net.
Escape character is '^]'.

User Access Verification

Username: Kerberos:     No default realm defined for Kerberos!
adudek
Password:
twc-test>enable
Password: