cisco hostname too long

Joe Provo joe.provo at rcn.com
Wed Jan 4 13:01:58 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 02:47:34PM +0200, Sotiris Tsimbonis wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Recently I faced a problem where rancid could not fetch the config of a
> new router in my network. The logfile reported the following:
[snip]

While I'd probably never personally name something this long,
seems prudent to have rancid follow venerable rfc1048 to have
a leg to stand on WRT static lengths.

--
Joe Provo                                            Voice  617.670.2904
Senior Manager, Internet Planning & Design           Fax    617.670.2920