really aweful naming convention I dislike

Bruce bboardman at nwc.com
Fri Jan 13 14:33:31 UTC 2006

FWIW I've reviewed a number of commercial network configuration products
and none have fully succeeded in implementing a cross vendor/model
normalization language. It seems to require too much heavy lifting. And
as far as wizard's go they all have one, but each tells me that their
customers avoid using them. Instead they interface with the CLI or their
production control system interfaces with the CLI. I'm all for
improvement, but one of the things I like about RANCID (besides the
name) is it's straight forward functionality.

Bruce Boardman, Network Computing Magazine
bboardman at nwc.com
206 Hines Hall, Syracuse University
Syracuse NY 13244