[rancid] Re: Rancid and Juniper routers

Mordechai T. Abzug morty at frakir.org
Mon Jul 24 02:05:53 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 11:01:24PM +0300, Marek Keerand wrote:

> I want to get configs from juniper M7i router with rancid.
> I've added following line to .cloginrc file:
>
> add user my_junipers_address telnet_username
> add password my_junipers_address telnet_password
>
> When i run jlogin my_junipers_address, i get following error:
>
> Error: Check your password for my_junipers_address.
>
> So i'm doing something wrong. Can anybody please explain, what are
> correct actions to get config data from juniper routers.

What you describe SHOULD work.

Does the username or password include any metacharacters?  If yes, you
might want to try:

add password my_junipers_address {telnet_password}

If that doesn't help, and you really are using telnet, fire up a
sniffer and see what is actually going across your wire.

- Morty