[rancid] storing configs in non-local (gserver) cvs server

Matt Nichols mnichols at wayport.net
Fri Mar 10 17:05:05 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm looking to replace our current home grown network device config
backup script with RANCID. Every example I've seen shows RANCID storing
configs in a local CVS server. How would I go about pointing RANCID at a
remote CVS server? (Running on a different server than the one running
RANCID). Our internal CVS server makes use of gserver, so our cvs root
is something like gserver:hostname.of.cvs.server:/cvs.

Thanks.