[rancid] rancid & mysql

marju jalloh jallohmarju at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 21 19:33:17 UTC 2006

Hello everyone,

I` m using Rancid and Viewcvs as a web interface and they are working fine. I hardcoded my devices(ip addresses) and password and everything is working.

What I wanted is for Rancid to get device name(ip address ) and password from a mysql database.

I will write a web application later to manage the devices (ip addresses) .

I know one can include file in .cloginrc. I have tested it and it works perfect but that involves hard coding ip adresses and password

Has anyone used Rancid and mysql or use other method to solve the above mentioned situation. I need your help

Thanks in advance

Byfour

http://mail.yahoo.com