[rancid] add new devices

marju jalloh jallohmarju at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 22 08:24:48 UTC 2006

Hello,

I want to add new device into an existing group. What I did was to add the new device into an existing router.db and ran rancid-cvs and expecting the existing groups to be updated.

What I notice is rancid-cvs does not run if rancid.config is not edited.Because when I made a new group in rancid.conf and ran rancid-cvs it worked well.

My question is how do you add device in to an existing group.

thanks,

Byfour