[rancid] Re: Rancid and Motorola BSR64000

listuser at numbnuts.net listuser at numbnuts.net
Wed May 17 19:54:48 UTC 2006

I haven't tried it on a BSR64000 but RANCID succesfully locked me out of a
BSR1000.  It turns out that the code we're running on the 1000 (1.1.19)
has a few bugs that pertain to non-gracefully disconnected telnet
connections.  RANCID killed the connection when it didn't encounter the
output it was looking for (and "end" statement IIRC).  3 hung telnet
connections later and I could no longer get into the BSR.  We had to
reboot the thing to fix the problem.

I'd love to get support for the BSR as well as the Ariss C3.  They are
Cisco-like but not quite close enough.

Justin

On Wed, 10 May 2006, Adam Pawlukiewicz wrote:

> Has anyone tried to get rancid to work with a Motorola BSR64000?

Adam

--
BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Spam:        http://canit.linuxnuts.net/b.php?c=s&i=293185&m=045e544411ba