[rancid] Re: Rancid and a database?

Bruno Prigent dev at linkdown.org
Tue May 30 15:54:05 UTC 2006

A guy in my company wrote perl scripts to parse the rancid CVS and
rancid diff received by email. I don't think those scripts are available
to public.

I guess the main problem is that the script has to know the grammar of
every devices type (cisco, juniper, etc). If the constructor decide to
change the command or implement a command in different ways within
different devices, you have to modify the script.

For inventory (device name, device type, IOS) I use grep/sed/awk when I
need it but I think it's not really reliable. Keep me updated if you
plan to work on something.

Bruno