[rancid] Re: [Fwd: corp config diffs]

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Sat Nov 4 19:26:22 UTC 2006

Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 04:08:51AM -0500, Terry Kennedy:
> > What is changing the port cost?  VTP?
>
>   On CatOS, this happens when the ports go up or down - the cost changes
> depending on whether the link is up.

I'm not sure which is more silly, that the cost changes for a interface
that can't forward or that something "automatically" changes user
configuration knobs (I understand that the user didn't configure the
cost here) and it is reflected in the configuration.

Because it is user configurable, it can't really be filtered.