[rancid] 'out of band' access script changes?

Sherrill, Justin jsherrill at currentcomm.net
Fri Nov 17 16:55:14 UTC 2006

I tried applying the patch that Ed Ravin posted:
http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2006-May/001490.html

And trying it as mentioned here, to reach a device on a separate
network:

http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2006-June/001551.html

(in .clogin)
add method      192.168.19.10   {usercmd}
add usercmd     192.168.19.10   {clogin} {-c} {telnet 172.21.121.18}
{192.168.19.10}

(at the command line)
$ ./bin/clogin -c 'show version' 192.168.19.10
192.168.19.10
spawn clogin -c telnet 172.21.121.18 192.168.19.10
192.168.19.10

Error: unknown connection method: usercmd

Error: Couldn't login: 192.168.19.10

If I typoed it, I'm not familiar enough with expect to see the error
right off the bat.  Is there a more recent version of the patch, or did
I mess up something in a more basic fashion?

Justin C. Sherrill - CURRENT Communications
220 Kenneth Drive
Rochester, New York 14623
P: 585.486.0549 F: 585.486.0030

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***
The information in this email may be confidential and/or privileged. This email is intended to be reviewed by only the individual or organization named above. If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination or copying of this email and its attachments, if any, or the information contained herein is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by return email and delete this message from your system.