[rancid] VTP

Johan Bergström Johan.Bergstrom at tietoenator.com
Thu Nov 23 07:22:09 UTC 2006

Why doesn't rancid pick out vtp information and save it ?

It would definitely be useful, since I have quite a large network and it
would be easier to be able to tell my co-workers who aren't very used to
playing around with communication devices just to "download" a
configuration file from the rancid cvs archive and copy&paste if they
need to replace the supervisor card. But as it is today, they have to
type in the vtp commands separately.

Oh and this is all cisco devices. mostly 4500s and 3750s and a bunch of
6500s too.

Johan