[rancid] problems with DIFFSUPPRESSOPT

Shlomo Dubrowin shlomo at dubrowin.org
Mon Oct 23 17:47:16 UTC 2006

I've been trying to get DIFFSUPPRESSOPT to work properly.  I have
applied the patches, but the emails are still coming in with the
pieces I wanted to eliminate.  After some experimenting, I think the
problem is either with my version of diff ((GNU diffutils) 2.8.1) or
my Regular Expressions.

I'd like to block the following items:
!Flash:
set spantree port
VLAN

My ~/etc/rancid.conf has the following line:

DIFFSUPPRESSOPTS="-b -I '^\!Flash:' -I '^set spantree port' -I '^VLAN'"

Any ideas where my problem could be?

  Shlomo

 / |  '     \   | |"""""""""|           Shlomo Dubrowin
(  )         0  | |         |             (Sheldon)
    /  \-'~;      |""""""""|            shlomo at dubrowin.org
   /  __/~| ._-""||        |          http://www.dubrowin.org