[rancid] Timeout problems with Cisco CSS's

Chris Eidem ceidem at jafonet.com
Tue Oct 31 20:08:14 UTC 2006

I've installed rancid 2.3.2a5 and I have successfully copied the configs
from my routers and switches (all Cisco,) but I'm having problems with
my Cisco CSS's (CSS-11152s-AC).  When I connect (successfully) using
clogin, I get the following:

$ clogin veri-stg-dmz-css-1.net
veri-stg-dmz-css-1.net
spawn telnet veri-stg-dmz-css-1.net
Trying WWW.XXX.YYY.ZZZ...
Connected to veri-stg-dmz-css-1.net.
Escape character is '^]'.

User Access Verification

Username:admin
Password:
v-stg-dmz-css-1#
Error: TIMEOUT reached
$

I am unable to enter any commands, and my scripts also timeout.  This is
not true when connecting to the routers and switches.  Any clues as to
where I should begin troubleshooting this?  What other information can I
provide?

$ uname -a
OpenBSD xnetmon1 3.9 GENERIC.MP#598 i386
$ expect -v
expect version 5.43.0

Thanks in advance,
  - chris